Friday, January 6, 2012

STS: The NERFessional


A poor, unassuming plastic Dinosaur suffers an unsolicited from an Amish-looking man with briefcase.

This is officially the third movie put out by Stranger Things Studios.

Director’s Notes:

10 minutes to conceptualize.  1 hour to film.  2 hours of editing.  By far the fastest turn around I’ve had on a movie yet.

And it cost me nothing to shoot it!

On a project this short there’s really not much to talk about.  However, I did have trouble with the title.  I didn’t have one.  I usually don’t.  I just titled it “Dino” because of the dinosaur, but it really was just a filler.  But when I screened it for a few friends, one of them said I looked like “the Professional” (for any of you that remember that Jean Reno movie).  We came up with the NERFessional within seconds of that.  I like it.  So we kept it.

In all honesty, the only reason I made this was because I needed to test out my new camera, the new file formats, and what was compatible with my software, and what I had to do to get it to look right in the YouTube uploader.  Shooting a video was the best way to do that.  Its nice to have a camera that was designed for shooting video, not a picture camera with a video option.  It also shoots in 1080p!  I also figured out how to format it into a 16:9 widescreen ratio.  I’m really excited to see what I can do with this in my projects to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment