Sunday, January 8, 2012

Monthly Scoop: January 2012


Everyone’s putting out their “Look Back at 2011” lists.  Not me.  Not this guy.  I’m not falling into that cliché!

However, I will do the Monthly Scoop, because that’s what we do here at the JonnyD Weekly.

A lot’s going on, and its all centralized around Stranger Things Studios lately.

Thanks to a lot of generous Christmas presents, and gift cards from some close friends saying “put this towards your movie making,” as well as some of my own spending from my holiday money, Stranger Things Studios is now sitting on a big, warm, steamy pile of potential.

That’s right.  I have a new camera now, an actual camcorder, of all things!  As well as a professional looking video editing program.

But now I’m in technology nightmare.  That’s a lot of equipment to learn to make work, and the video editing software has been giving me nothing but one troubleshooting problem after another.  A faster computer would probably fix the problem.  However, if I had that kind of free money, I’d start finishing my basement instead. 

I’m sure I’ll work out all the kinks soon.  I better.  I’m planning on filming Ashes of Man starting next weekend.


Speaking of which, the biggest (and really only) thing on the radar is my epic project, a post-apocalyptic short film called Ashes of Man.  You can click on the title to check out all the gory details. 

Let me tell you, it is going to be quite the undertaking.  As of right now, I have the 4 largest roles placed.  That’s been the biggest doozy.  Now all I need is locations, props, the rest of the cast, the crew, the schedule, make-up, costume design, video tests, a sharpened shooting script, mastering of my camera and computer software. 

Strangely though, that doesn’t worry me as much.  As long as I have a solid team to work with, I believe the rest will fall into place.  If it all turns out the way I picture it, it’s going to be something we will all be proud of.

If you're interested in helping in anyway, on-camera or behind it, feel free to contact me, either on the this page; my email jonnydstrong@gmail.com; or any other way you know of finding me.


In the meantime, I tested out the new camera by making a film called The NERFessional.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment