Friday, September 2, 2011

Monthly Scoop: September 2011

I have become acutely aware of the fact that even though I get up the same time every day for work, the sun now thinks it can sleep in longer than me.  It’s starting to mess with my psyche.  The little primal critter in me knows that it can mean only one thing:  its September.  Fall is only three weeks away.  No, its not time to start reigning in your nuts for the season, but its definitely time to start thinking about it. 


But first, there is another matter to attend to.  Remember my August bucket? (No? hmm… Click Here)

Now that we’re all up to speed, let’s continue.  Remember that bucket list of mine?  Yeah… that bucket’s nowhere near empty.  For one, there’s still a massive Sperm Whale in there.  I know.  I know.  I’ve been reading Moby Dick since what…March?  Yeah, that sounds right. 

Don’t judge me!  Have you ever read Moby Dick?  No?  I didn’t think so.  So shut up! 

How about you?  Yes, you have?  How long did it take you?... oh… well you can shut up, too I guess.

- Sigh -

Sorry to be so crass about the topic ;-)  I’m almost done with the book, though.  Less than 80 pages to go!

Moving on.  Don’t let the bucket fool you.  I’ve actually cleared out a good deal of it, such as:

I beat The Darkness.  Again, if you haven’t heard the story about how the PS3 game scared the crap out of me and how I could only play it during the day with someone home, you might want to read about it and get a good laugh at my expense. (Read the blog)

The war between myself at the 105” tree trunk in my backyard wages on.  The last skirmish ended with one side suffering a twisted wrist and three massive blisters; while the other side endured the dismemberment of seven of its roots, the largest being the size of my thigh.

Probably the best moment of August was Taylor Falls.  I love canoeing.  It has to be, especially in the early morning, one of the most serene things to be doing.  Two years ago, coworker of mine told me about a place in Taylor Falls where you can rent a canoe, and make your way miles down the docile waters of the St. Croix river.  They will pick you up and drive you back to your car.  How awesome is that?!  So last Saturday Tonya and I drove up there and got out on the water.  It was absolutely beautiful.  The weather was perfect.  If you’ve never done it, you should.  I want to go back so badly already.


There was something regarding a custom deck of cards that happen in August, but that is a story for later this month :-) 


The Buffalo Wild Wing’s “Blazing Hot Wing Challenge,” did not happen.  12 wings, 6 minutes, covered in their hottest sauce.  Tell him what they win Jonny!  Nothing!  Absolutely nothing.  Is the meal on the house like every other place offering a eating challenge?  No.  Do I get a souvenir?  Yes! you get a shirt;  but you have to buy it first…

No thanks.  I’ll pass. 

We had a good run last month, but with fall on its way, its time to get my nuts in a row.  For example, I have two movie ideas for Stranger Things Studios that I’m idly mulling around.  I may start in on them.  I may not. 

In all honesty, there are other aspects of my life that I feel I need to attend to.  For that reason, I may be backing off a bit from the JonnyD Weekly.  Never fear, there will still be weekly posts.  There just may not be the two or three a week that there has been. 

I have been putting a lot of thought into my writing lately.  I feel it’s time to get back into it.  I have a finished novel sitting on my desk, after all.  However, there is a lot to do before I feel I’d be in a position to get Temporaltorium out on the market again.

And then there’s the video game tournament… The Gauntlet is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment