Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Half-Orc II: Production Update

Screenshot from The Half-Orc II: Banak the Brave
For those of you curious as to what is going on with our latest film, let me give you a status report. 

Last month we filmed the sequel to the The Half-Orc Encounter: A D&D Parody.  The film has been in post-production ever since. 

What does that mean exactly?  It means that I am in the process of splicing all the footage together, cleaning up the audio, adding visual and sound effects, and all that jazz.  I’m into my third draft of the film currently.

I was beginning to worry that maybe I was being pokey and should have been done long before now.  Then it occurred to me:  It’s a 20 minute movie!  That’s like making 3-4 of our regular length films back-to-back, each of which we normally do with a one month turnaround.  Conversely, this is a huge movie, and a lot of clock hours have gone into it.  The payout is totally worth it though!

I also got violently sick in the middle of August, which has put production back two weeks. 

The Half Orc II, entitled Banak the Brave, will not be ready for the August 29th release.  Expect to see it the first half of September.  There will also be a gag reel coming out at some point.


How will you know when Banak the Brave is done?  Keep an eye on our Facebook page.  There will be a Facebook-exclusive trailer posted when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment