Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Scoop: September - The Age of Banak

It has been a big summer for Stranger Things Studios - one I can only dub as "The Age of Banak."

Filming wasn't something that was even on my radar this year per se.  But the unexpected boost in popularity of The Half Orc Encounter demanded a sequel.  Instead of our typical short videos, we churned out a 20 minute short film of comedy and fantasy combat.  Making it was an adventure of its own, but that is a tale for a different time.... 

Alas, as autumn begins to set in the Age of Banak draws to an end.  The movie is out there in YouTube, along with a 10 minute blooperreel.  Check it out if you haven't already.

That about does it for STS for the year.  I still need to catch up on my Director's Notes from as far back as Z.A.S.A.  Those will go up throughout the next few months.

As for our next film, we're probably waiting until the 48 hour film project, 2015.  That's in June. It was a lot of fun the first year we did it.

Until then, I have a manuscript to finish editing.  I've talked about it before.  It's called Temporaltorium.  You can read an excerpt of the prologue that I posted awhile back if you're so inclined.

I'm well overdue to be getting back to the novel.  I put the book on hold to do Banak the Brave.  Three months later it's high time I dedicate my time to that instead.

Who knows, by next Christmas you could be going to a bookstore to buy a copy for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment