Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Scoop: July - Training Time

Our first film date for the Half Orc II is coming up fast.  Locking down a date was a herculean task in and of itself.  Coordinating everyone’s schedules, and finding a date when everyone was available, is something we’ve never had to deal with before.  All our other movies have been stand-alones, where we could always just pull in another person to fill a gap.  Not with this film.  We need the original gang back together to do it.  

This coming weekend is literally the only chance we have shoot this film... ever.   Even then, we’ll be shooting to accommodate schedules as people come later or have to leave early.

I’m definitely noticing the pressure building.  With less than a week to go, the script is not 100% finished; I have not locked down all the filming locations;  and I’m still reassembling the original costumes and gear.  Ah, just like ol’ times.

The other fun challenge is that I haven’t filmed much this year, and certainly nothing this physically demanding in a long time.  I’m a bit out of practice, and quite a bit out of shape.  A guy can get back into shape in a week, right?  Just like Rocky does in every movie?

In other news, editing of my manuscript is going decently well.  I’ve finished most of part 1 (of 5) of the book.  I made a spreadsheet to calculate a worst case scenario for completing the novel altogether (yes, I’m nerdy like that).  My estimated completion date is August 21st, 2015. 

I don’t intend for it to take that long by a long shot.  However, and sadly, I’m already falling behind. 

I eager to get back at it after the movie is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment