Monday, July 28, 2014

The Scoop: The August Box Office

A passerby walks past the theater, noticing
the upcoming STS films advertised in the windows.
So it’s not quite August, but we’ve got some news that can’t wait that long.  For example, Stranger Things Studios has two movies slated for release next month, and the first is this coming Friday!


FRIDAY, AUGUST 1ST

cleanerB Commercial - this spring I was commissioned to shoot a commercial for a local home cleaning company.  It’s short, it’s cute, and I’m proud of our work.  Of course I want to showcase it!  However, I didn’t want to release it without having another STS film in production.  I’d rather have a movie sitting on our main page for the foreseeable future than a commercial.  But now that principle photography is finished with our summer movie, it’s time to finally put the commercial out.


FRIDAY, AUGUST 29TH

Matt shows off his new gear to Petra and Elliot in "The Half Orc II"
Half Orc II - filming for the sequel to the Half Orc Encounter is finally complete.  It’s a miracle we pulled it off given all the problems we ran into.  All that’s left to do now it edit the film, which in and of itself is a huge undertaking.  I haven’t started editing the film yet, but I can already tell that it’s going to be the longest film we’ve made since Ashes of Man back in 2012.  We’re setting a tentative release date of August 29th.  I should be able to get it done in a month.  I will have a better idea as I plug away at it, along with an official title.



Between those two movies, and the last of the director’s notes to post to the blog, there is already enough Stranger Things media in the can to keep you entertained until the end of September.  Until then, I have a movie to finish, and a book to edit.  What October will bring is anybody’s guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment