Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Scoop: September - The Late-Shoot Season

Fall is on the way.  What that means is one last burst of cinematic activity before the winter kicks in; overtime hours for the holidays; less sunlight; colder weather; family gatherings.  None of this bodes well for coordinating and enjoying a day of filming.

Stranger Things has two movies on the forecast right now.  Against my better judgement, I will announce the first one!



Ninja Gaiden

Two weekends from now we will film our next movie.  Half of it will be filmed at daybreak in an undisclosed location;  I have a location locked down, but I still find myself keeping an eye out for any place that might be better.

Let's just hope for good weather.  Bad weather would postpone filming completely :-(

The second half will be filmed on a green screen later that same morning, in yet another undisclosed location.  I say "undisclosed" for this site because, at this exact moment, I haven't locked down where I'm going to set up a green-screen stage.

If all goes well, I should have that movie done by the end of September!


This, in some way, hints to October's movie idea.
Don't read too much into it: you're probably wrong :-P
October Movie

As of yesterday afternoon, I have my locations for movie #2.  I have an awesome concept that I have been sitting on since February.  Everyone I have explained the movie to at length has signed on instantly.  I'm really excited to do it.

I should probably right a script at some point...

This one is pretty extensive.  In fact, this may be the most involved and ambitious film I've aimed to do since Ashes of Man.  Multiple locations, large ensemble, plenty of props and costumes, on set lighting (which I've never worked with). 

All for a movie under four minutes.  Hopefully it works, because it would make for a perfect October film!

It will also make for a perfect last hurrah before slowing down for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment