Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Scoop: October - Ninjas

With September, I have achieved one of my biggest goals.  We remastered the opening to Ninja Gaiden in live action!  My work here is done. 

This Friday I will put up a supplemental video to go with Ninja Gaiden Remastered.  It's a Before/After comparative video between the original NES game intro, and what we shot.  I actually like it better than the video by itself.  It really shows how exact we were.

Watch Ninja Gaiden Remastered: Click Here.
Watch the Before/After Comparison: Click Here. (Once it comes out)

Another thing that I accomplished in September was to upload all the production photos from our previous movies.  Finally, I'm up to date on that.

Now to work on the director's notes for them all.  In fact,  I've already written my first draft for all the ones I'm missing.  I'll start putting them out regularly.  However, I don't want to overshadow anything else we're working on by undulating the fan page with less current material.

We are on schedule to shoot our next movie not this weekend, but the weekend after.  Actually, we're shooting two weekends in a row.  This is one of the most ambitious projects we've attempted in such a concentrated period time.  It requires the largest cast I've ever tried to pull, lighting and audio techniques I've never tried, as well as a slew of props I haven't gathered yet. 

Before / After Comparison Video
coming out this Friday, Oct 4th
It's a cool idea.  It's been in the back of my mind since I dreamed it up on the night shift during last year's holiday season.

Never fear.  If all goes to crap, I have a back-up idea.  Easier to shoot, fun to make, just as rewarding.

Best case scenario, we make them both.  Well, not at the same time.   But eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment