Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Scoop: June - The Ol' Switch-er-roo

48 HOUR FILM PROJECT
As you know (given how much I've been hyping it up), the 48 Hour Film Project took place at the beginning of this month. I won't go into depth about it now; that's what the Director's Notes are for. However, there is plenty of news to cover regarding it.

The Riverview Theater in Minneapolis screened the movies of 54 film teams. We received positive reception for ours given the laughter that filled the place while it played.

How did we do? That I don't know yet. This next week (Wednesday, June 19th, 7:00pm) the Riverview Theater will host "The Best Of" screening. I will not know whether we made the cut until Monday or Tuesday.


GAUNTLET DEATHMATCH

Last weekend I started putting all my time and effort into completing the Gauntlet, the film that we filmed last November. The special effects are insanely extensive. To give you an idea, it took me 1.5-2 hours to complete the effects for 2 seconds of footage at one point. I am 1.5 minutes into the movie. I have another 8.5 to go. 

This is going to take awhile...

That said, I am postponing the Gauntlet yet another month. Let's aim for July.

I plan to post a brief, Facebook exclusive clip of the film so you can see how cool it's going to be when it's all done.


CAMPGROUND CREEPER

Maybe it's better this way, because I can focus on promoting our 48 hour film instead! The trailer is up on Youtube if you haven't seen it already (click here to watch). Unfortunately, I am not allowed to upload the actual film until after the festival is over - so sometime after the 19th.

After discussing it with the cast, I've decided that I will not be releasing the version of the film that I submitted. I will be releasing the Director's Cut instead. The submitted movie had to be under 7 minutes in length. My final cut was roughly 45 seconds longer. I think adding it back in will ultimately tell a better story.

There is so much material that I could upload, but I do not want to overwhelm our channel with tons of bonus material. For example, there is the 1) theatrical version, 2) director's cut, 3) gag reel, and possibly 4) audio commentary - all of which is hilarious, but it would get old real quick if I put it all up. 

I'll have to pick and choose.

So, Campground Creeper will be June's movie, and the Gauntlet will hopefully come out in July. Sometime in there we should probably make another movie or two as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment