Friday, March 8, 2013

The Scoop: March - Behind-the-Scenes


My Bathroom, mid-repair.
I think we're finally up and running, again.  My cars are fixed.  My computer has been replaced.  The replacement has been replaced.  The bathroom has been torn apart and rebuilt.  Assuming nothing else breaks we can move on!

As you may have seen, we put out our first real Behind-the-Scenes video for a movie.  I wanted to save it for something epic, but with how fun the footage for Renaldo was, I figured "what the hell; let's do it now."  Besides, it gives us a practice run before that "something epic" comes about.  Ideally, I'd like to shoot a BTS for every movie, recorded on set with cast and crew, but we haven't gotten that coordinated yet.  Making a movie is the priority.  Documenting it is secondary.

Speaking of Behind-the-Scenes, what is in the works at the studio?


Screenshot from November's Filming
Now that we're in full swing again, we have a lot of catch up to do.  The next two movies are already filmed, and scripts are being written for at least the next two movies after that.  I don't want to get too far ahead of myself here, seeing how movie plans change as unforeseen difficulties and technicalities arise. 

I will say that I am finally going to sit down with the footage from the death-match movie we shot back in November.  Also, you may have caught a glimpse of some test footage we made for a LEGO movie.  That script is currently being worked on.  You can expect both of those sometime in the next few months.

I have my eye set on a few promotional ventures for getting Stranger Things Studios' name out there more.  There are at least two competitions we're planning to enter into, and well as some local screening opportunities I hope we can utilize.  Of course, anything word-of-mouth and sharing you guys do is always appreciated. 
LEGO Test Footage Still

If you stay connected with us on Facebook, this blog, or subscribe to our YouTube channel I'll keep you as up to date on our doings as I can. 

One other thing: I'm finally getting around to sorting out our production photos from all our movies.  I'll start launching some galleries on our Facebook page in the next week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment