Monday, September 3, 2012

Monthly Scoop: September 2012


With August over, it is finally time to call it a wrap on the Ashes of Man web-series.  It had a good run, bringing in over 450 views since the trailer aired back in June.  A few production photos will be posted on Stranger Things’ Facebook page shortly, but then that will be the end of that. 

It is definitely time to move onto something new.  What that is exactly is anyone’s guess.  As of right now, I have one of two avenues I am considering pursuing.  I am torn as to which I will choose.  If I can do justice to both simultaneously, I will.  I doubt it though.

The big question is “Movies, or Writing?” 


Movies

I have big plans for Stranger Things Studios.  I’m talking along the lines of more movies; shorter movies; with faster turn around times.  Already I have a list of potential scripts ideas typed up.  People have been sharing submission guidelines for upcoming amateur film contests, as well as registration information for community film-maker classes.  I’ve also laid plans for significant  industry promotion across the Twin Cities.  As of right now, I have not set any of it into motion.

Or else there is…


Writing

Temporaltorium.  Now there’s a phrase that has not come up in more than a year.  For me, it represents a potential pot o’ gold that had been collecting dust in the back of my mind.  Totaling in at over 750 pages, the dark fantasy novel about a band of unwilling allies trapped on a time-altering island and hunted by a monstrous shadow beast is easily 250 pages too long.  I have been stalling on returning to it because I have not been willing to commit the full year it will likely take to finish it.  But if I did, I could very well have a sellable manuscript under my belt.


Decisions. Decisions…

I became father only a week ago.  It has also left me a bit discombobulated, but once I have the new addition integrated into the balancing act that is my life I will have a better idea as to what I plan to do with myself.  Until then, I apologize for any spans of radio silence that may occur.

Oh yeah, by the way, Stranger Things’ next movie has already been filmed.  It’s due to release sometime this month.  Here’s a teaser shot! 

Production Shot from Stranger Things Studios' upcoming 5th movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment