Friday, July 20, 2012

Watch for the Signs


STOP Dinosaurs...?
We’ve all seen the signs.  We all know what they mean.  STOP.  I’m sure no one really looks at them outside of noticing that they’re there.  That’s why the STOP signs at the 4-way stop by the fire department in my town have remained altered.  Hell, I don’t even know how long they’ve been that way.  I’d say vandalized, but that’s too harsh of a word.  “Decorated.”  


Someone has taken the effort to use a black sharpie on strips of masking tape to write out messages to stick beneath those four, huge capital letters.  You know, easily cleaned up; no harm done.  This sign, for example says “STOP DINOSAURS…?”

STOP: Jimmy Protested

Because we have nothing better to do with our time, Tonya and I drove around our city and took pictures.  We ended up finding a second intersection where the same polite and creative “vandalism” occurred.  You can scroll through the images and see what they all say.



I feel there should be more, maybe with some having two pieces of tape.  Things like:


STOP and Love Ed Sheeran
STOP President Snow
STOP and smell the roses. 
You can’t STOP the signal.  
Now STOP, Hating’s Bad.  
You can’t STOP it.

STOP in the name of love. 
STOP, Hammer Time.
STOP hitting yourself.

The list goes on.


STOP Voldemort


In fact, I just found this forum online with a whole list of STOP phrases!  Think of how many STOP signs could be redesigned!!!

Someone should get on that, and send me pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment