Sunday, May 6, 2012

Monthly Scoop: May 2012


I feel like a junky who’s about to be whacked for not paying back his debt.  “I swear I’m working on the movie.  I’ll get something on YouTube for sure this month!  Please, you gotta believe me!  No, no don’t shoot me.  Noooooooo!.....”

And then its swimmin’ with the fishes for me…

But let’s talk about the movie quick, along with another announcement I have.



Ashes of Man

“How’s the movie coming along?  Are you done?  How much more do you have left to film?”

All very good questions.  5 out of 7 parts of the movie occur after the world has fallen into nuclear winter.  We have filmed all of that - which is good, because it’s not winter anymore.  That stuff’s done, minus a final polish which I hope to finish this week.  I still won’t have anything to show off at that point, though.  That’s what trailers are for.

I want to drop a trailer on YouTube to start up some hype.  However, a trailer is - in essence - another movie.  I’ll try my damnedest to get one out this month.

Meanwhile, I need to finish the last two parts of the film: pulling together the crew, scheduling, planning, filming, etc.  Then cut the film, put it together with the other 85% of the movie I do have finished, and TA DA!!!! Done.

I would love to be working on something new and fresh.  And shorter.  Shorter means faster turn around, which means more regular entertainment for you guys!  And who doesn’t want that?



A Little Bit of Muscle

While we’re talking about Stranger Things Studios, I was notified by YouTube that the video, A Little Bit of Muscle, may be censored or pulled in the near future.  It took them until now to realize that I had synced half the film to Nickleback, which is copywritten music.  If they ever decide I can’t use that music anymore, they’ll shut A Little Bit of Muscle down.


What have we learned?  That’s right:  don’t use any material that isn’t yours when making a movie.



Star Wars 2012

On a completely different note, I have now celebrated Star Wars Day two years in a row :-D  I didn’t make it that big of an event.  Spur of the moment, really.  A few friends.  Bonfire.  Batch of Wookie cookies.  New Star Wars T-shirt.  And we watched the original, 1977 Star Wars. 

But next year, May the 4th lands on a Saturday.  Oh yeah, we’re going big.  I mean like Jabba big…

No comments:

Post a Comment