Friday, February 3, 2012

Monthly Scoop: February 2012


There is only one thing going on right now; one project I’m working on, have been working on, will be continuing to work on.  Only one.



Filming for the movie has taken up all of my time, so much so that I even missed a weekly post this January.  We film every weekend, one day for sure, sometimes two.  Mid-week some of the team meets for set planning and preparation.  I'm in constant contact with everyone, trying to coordinate cast and crew for the next set.  My nights free I am learning how to  make my new video editing software to work; or learning the ins and outs of the new camera; trying to master crisp, clear audio; running test videos; storyboarding the next shoot, etc.

But it’s the best way to learn to be a director.  Crash and burn.  On the Job Training.  Trail and Error.

We shoot early in the morning most of the time.  Being the apocalypse, where most of the world is dead, we have to film when nothing’s up but our crew and the sun.

I’ve been very lucky to have things so beautifully fall into place.  Not too much traffic interrupting the shoots.  The weather has cooperated with us so far - knock on wood. 

Most especially, I’ve been lucky as to the people who have come out of the woodwork to be a part of this, as well as the amount of enthusiasm and dedication that they bring with them.  We really have something big going on here, and I’m excited to see how this will all turn out.

If all goes as planned, the winter unit of filming will be finished by the middle of this month.  After that, we wait until it’s green out again to finish the final scenes.  Until then, I can start to cutting the film from the raw footage.

And the sooner I finish cutting the winter scenes, the sooner I can shave :-D  Being a grizzly bear is getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment