Friday, November 18, 2011

STS: Extra Life


For October 2011, my charity team - the Fat Chance Heroes - participated in an annual charity event called Extra Life.  It is a 24-hour video game marathon intended to help raise money for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals across the nation.  As residents of the Twin Cities, we chose to raise money for the Gillette’s Children’s Hospital in downtown Saint Paul.


In total, we were able to raise $231.


As promised, I made sure to document the event in order to prove to all of you that we did indeed stay up and play video games for 24 hours straight!  Of course, the greatest proof I have is this video!!!  It is not technically a Stranger Things Studios film, but seeing how they edited the movie from what footage we had, I am including it under their banner. 

Be warned, there is vulgarity, but it is fun none the less.  Enjoy!

Breakdown of  the day:
 
We started a half an hour late at 8:30am, which worked out fine because we ended up playing 24.5 hours instead.  I had to beat Uncharted 2, and it took me until 9:00am the following morning. 

Tonya was technically not a participant, but attempted to stay up the whole time.  She recorded what footage of the event that I didn’t.  However, she took a one hour nap at midnight and we didn’t see her the rest of the night.  Niki’s husband, Tom, came to visit for a few hours in the evening.  Otherwise, Niki passed out around 1:30am.

Only Tim and I stayed awake the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment