Monday, November 7, 2011

Monthly Scoop: November 2011

It’s that time again boys ‘n’ girls!  Time to realize I did far too much talking, and not enough doing.  Time for the Monthly Scoop.

To begin, I apologize for the late post.  I promise I will make it up to you.  The truth of the matter is I have a large project I’m working on, and I was hoping to be able to write the blog for it last week.

Speaking of projects - what has JonnyDStrong been up to?


Extra-Life

As you may have read, the newly founded team, Fat Chance Heroes, had their first charity event.  It was called Extra-Life.  It is a 24-hour video game marathon to help raise money for children hospitals.  We had a good time, and recorded some of the event to prove we stayed up the full 24 hours.  I am currently editing the film, which is taking a lot longer than planned.  But as soon as I’m done I will post it on-line.

Temporaltorium

After letting it sit since before Easter, I have finally looked at the stack of 3-ring binders that is my 750 page novel.  I have started sending it out to agents again.  I am simultaneously trying to edit it.  I was aiming for under 500 pages when I started.   Let’s see how close I can get, because let’s face it: who wants to read 750 pages?  Not me, and I wrote the thing.


The Epic Stump

I’ve talked before about the epic tree stump in my back yard that refuses to die.  I have dug a moat around the thing about a foot wide and at least two deep.  I’ve cut through roots as thick as my thigh.  I’ve taken axes to it, hatchets, chainsaws.  It’s not moving.  Well, before the weather got cold, I had a bunch of friends come over to help in one more celebratory attempt to destroy the thing this year.  It didn’t work, but it was a good time, and that’s really all the more we can hope for, right?


Off the Charts!

Prior to Halloween, I decided to shave my head so I could dress up as Walter White from Breaking Bad.  Then, I wrote a blog about it.  At the time the JonnyD Weekly was sitting at just under 1000 visits.  Here I was thinking I would be able to do a big blog to celebrate.  Instead, my wife did one little thing to advertise the site, and suddenly the JonnyD Weekly is sitting at 2500 hits!


And More…

With the holiday season approaching; the pre-snow yard work; and hours picking up at that place I go to to earn money, I’m already beginning to feel stretched thin over everything I’m doing.  For example, I’ve only half-heartedly been editing my book.  Yet at the same time, there are a couple of video projects I’m considering, nothing affiliated with Stranger Things Studios per se, but we’ll see.  I also have a serialized story about the Fat Chance characters that I started and then put on the back burner.

Lots to do.  But with winter on its way, maybe it’ll be time to retire indoors and start checking things off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment