Saturday, November 12, 2011

Off the Charts! 2500!

In one fell swoop, I missed my chance to announce that the JonnyD Weekly has reach its 1000th visit, its 1500th, or even its 2000th for that matter!

Instead, I’m excited to say that the JonnyD Weekly has just had its 2500th visit! 

“How?!”  You ask.  I asked my wife the same thing.  Up until Halloween, I had been watching the number of visits teeter right around 990.  Well, after writing my Halloween blog about shaving my head, Tonya went ahead and posted the blog-link on Breaking Bad’s Facebook forum.  In the course of three days the JonnyD Weekly had almost 1500 hits!

Of course, traffic has dropped off now to what it normally has been.  People probably clicked the link, saw the photo, said “cool,” and closed the window.  But who knows?  1500 visits.  Some new people might be reading the blog now.  “Hello new people!”


JonnyD Trivia:

Anyways, I like statistics, so allow me to give you my favorite JonnyD Weekly trivia:

The Russians have found me in the last 60 days, and have suddenly become the third largest audience (U.S. being first, Germany being second).

Other newcomers include Spain, Israel, Hungry, Mexico, South Africa and South Korea.

Ignoring the recent peak, the most activity in any one day was 35 visits on October 21st

The longest stretch of activity was 48 days!

Some people have found the blog by doing a Google search for:

     “beast beast men shadow darkness”
     “I can sleep when I’m dead”
     And…
     “how long sperm live outside”



Stranger Things Studios @ YouTube

Stranger Things Studios has almost 300 YouTube visits between its two movies.  I have not done anything with the YouTube channel since early August.  However, by the end of the coming week, there will be a new video!  Stay tuned for that!


Fat Chance Heroes

As you may know,  a few of my friends and I started up a charity team called the Fat Chance Heroes.  I designed a separate blog for them.  Honestly, though, I have not been doing much with it, so I may end up blending all that information back into the JonnyD Weekly and focusing all my effort here.


On The Go

Also, I set up a mobile phone template for the blog.  In theory, anyone who visits from their mobile device should had a more user friendly layout.  Unfortunately, I can only choose from a selection of pre-made designs, so I found one I thought would work best.  We’ll try it out, and see how it goes.


I again want to thank everyone for visiting the JonnyD Weekly, however you may have tripped across the site.  It always boosts my motivation to keep at it anytime someone I’m not excepting to mentions that they’ve read my blog.  Many times it comes up without me say anything; that’s always the most rewarding.  Who knows, maybe someday someone I’ve never meant will say “Hey, you’re that guy!”

… yeah… that would be weird…

Keep telling your friends and family about the page.  Become a follower if you have a Google account.  Subscribe to the newsletter if you don’t, and have the blogposts emailed directly to you. 

And keep coming back! I like the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment