Monday, July 4, 2011

Monthly Scoop: July 2011

While I was in Juneau, Alaska last week I bought a cute little toy voodoo doll.  It looks like something you could probably pick at a Spencer’s or a Hot Topic.  He’s the “Judo Kid,” who according to the package is meant “To help you say no to timewasters & unwelcome demands on your time.”

I figured that he’d be the perfect little guy to help me stay productive, and out of all the timewasters out there slowing me down, the worst is… well… me.  So I bought him as a reminder that I need to stop dawdling and make shit happen. 

On that note, it’s time for a monthly update!  Let’s start with:

Moby Dick

He’s big.  He’s daunting.  And thanks to plenty of air and travel time on my two week Alaskan cruise, I took a healthy chunk out of him.  156 pages to be exact.  Thank you.  Thank you…  Nevermind that in the same amount of time, Tonya polished off three books, and only has 156 pages left of her fourth… sigh.  237 pages left of the ol’ whale’s tale.  I shall endure.


Moving onto my novel, Temporaltorium … … … …  Alright, next topic: 


Stranger Things Studios 

I am pleased to announce that STS’s untitled debut film is available to watch on YouTube.  Of course, I recommend that you watch it, love it, and share it with your friends.  I will be dedicating a post to the film later this week.


Watch it on YouTube: STS Debut Film


In other news, STS is well underway on its second short film, a car movie entitled A Little Bit of Muscle.  Filming is done, and work has moved onto the video and sound editing stages.  Hopefully it will be available to watch within the next week and a half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment