Sunday, December 9, 2012

Monthly Scoop: December 2012

Screen shot from January's movie
I’m a little late on getting the Monthly Scoop out this month. But I imagine that you understand how the holiday season kicking into full gear sucks both the free-time and soul out of you. I knew you would you get it. You guys are awesome that way!


Lots of cool stuff going on down at Stranger Things Studios. We had a close call with January’s footage, and had to reshoot. However, the new stuff looks great, and I already have a rough cut of the movie put together. Yes, that’s right - I edited January’s movie before I ever started in on December’s. Good prioritizing on my part, right?

No worries, though. December’s movie is well underway. I’ve laid a new goal that we will always release our movies on the third Friday of every month. For this month, that is the 21st. That’s only two weeks out…. Wow, Christmas is really on its way.

I also fell behind on updating the Facebook page. I mean to get back into the swing of things with that as well. Along with posting the movie links and director’s notes for each movie, I also have plans to start up two regular photo galleries: one of movie stills, and one for behind-the-scenes production photos. So, there - more entertainment for you guys to enjoy.

I’ve also been toying with the idea of uploading Behind-The-Scenes clips from time to time. Not official BTS videos mind you, but entertaining footage that won’t make the final cut. Don’t hold me to that though. I’m one guy, and I have a lot of other studio work to chew through.

That’s everything new and upcoming going on in the studio… which is located right next to my computer… in the exact same spot I sit when I check my e-mail… like I am right now, at 1:30 in the afternoon… still in my pjs.

Yep. It sounds so much more glorious when I don’t tell you guys these things…

You should see what this bad boy looks like with the lights off, December 21st

No comments:

Post a Comment