Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Monthly Scoop: August 2012


The main event of August for you, fellow fan and reader, is Stranger Things Studios’ film, Ashes of Man.  Even as I write the monthly scoop, the last of the footage is rendering itself on my other computer.

For me, however, this mark the end of the project.  The final product is the best I know how to make at my current skill level; everyone who has been privy to any of the final footage has been impressed; but I could live a happy life if I never have to watch any of it again.  It would take a cult fanatic months of unemployment to watch the flick as many times as I have.

It is time for a vacation!  Much like last August, this month appears to be my bucket list.  I have books to read, house projects to do, a neglected PlayStation, movies and TV shows to catch up on.

In truth, I cannot commit to a substantial project at this point in my life.  Otherwise I would, because I never stop.  However, 2012 is the Chinese year of the Dragon, and anytime in the next four weeks (as many people in my life have metaphorically spoken of) the mythical creature will hatch and fan out its translucent wings for the first time. 

For that reason, both the release of the Ashes of Man episodes, as well as publishing of the accompanying blog posts may be erratic.  I apologize in advance.  I will do my best to be as consistent as I possibly can.

Ashes of Man’s first installment will be released this coming Saturday, August 4th.  Episodes will be released weekly through all of August.  For tentative dates, visit Ashes of Man’s main page.

Enjoy the film!  I hope you do.

As for me, I have a cast and crew party to prepare for, and a baby on the way.  Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment