Sunday, June 3, 2012

Monthly Scoop: June 2012

Look at that charmer wearing a celebratory hat.  Sure, it might be a dunce hat for failing epically during a video game football tournament.  But it might as well be on my head to celebrate the one year anniversary of the JonnyD Weekly.

I thought a lot about what I should do to commemorate this achievement.  Should I go out for drinks?  Does this deserve its own blog?  Or should I sharpen up the look of the page?  Well, I had vacation planned for the same time.  So in the end, I’m doing nothing particularly different.

So, as always, its time for the Monthly Scoop!


Stranger Things Studios

Very shortly here will also mark the one year anniversary of Stranger Things Studios, my ongoing venture to produce short movies to release on YouTube for folks to watch from the comfort of wherever their computer or touch screen phone might be.  As it stands, there are four movies available to watch so far.  The most popular to date is A Little Bit of Muscle, wherein we made an RC car jump a ramp, and then replaced the sound with that of a real muscle car.

As for STS’s fifth movie…


Ashes of Man

I wish there was a way to show how things are coming along.  Unfortunately, until there’s a finished product, there isn’t much to show.  However, about 80% of the movie done!  It’s been filmed, editing, looped, foleyed, etc.

It is finally time finish the last 20%

I will very shortly here (like in the next week) be pulling together a crew to plan and prep for the last sets of the film.  If you’re interested in helping - either in this film, or future STS flicks - you can always contact me at jonnydstrong@gmail.com, or by any other means you have of getting in touch with me.  I can’t promise that I’ll be able to use the help at any given point in time, but I will definitely keep it in mind!

As for a teaser trailer, I’ll talk with my film editor and see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment