Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ashes of Man: Outtakes


Ashes of Man would not be complete without some form of behind-the-scenes video. 

Unfortunately, there wasn’t a lot of that kind of footage taken.  Nor was I inclined to create any new material to accompany what footage we had.  Not that it wouldn’t have been fun to have gotten commentary from the various cast and crew, but after eight months of working on Ashes I do not want to spend any more time rehashing the material all over again.  It’s time to move on to something new.

There were, however, plenty of mistakes: 35+ minutes of mistakes, to be precise.  I compressed it down to under ten minutes to make it more digestible.  Some of it was only funny to us; some required more context than the clips themselves provided; still others were redundant.  What remains is the best of the best.  I hope you enjoy the gag reel.

You can also revisit the Ashes of Man’s Main Page to find links to the three installments of the actual film, as well as the trailer, and director’s notes for each.


DIRECTOR’S FINAL THOUGHTS

There are so many stories behind the making of this movie, so many events, experiences, and challenges that we all faced and shared together.  I wish I could tell them all.  I suppose I could.  I won’t though, both for my sanity as well as for yours.  I think four films, a trailer, and a month worth of blog posts should suffice, if that much isn’t excessive enough already.

I do hope you enjoyed Ashes of Man as a whole.  If you did, tell you friends; subscribe to the YouTube channel; like us on Facebook.  It all helps Stranger Things Studios in making future movies.

As a final thought, all I can say is that from here on out, shorter movies.  Shorter movies, and faster turnaround times.  That’s the goal.

~Jonathan Strong


No comments:

Post a Comment